Monday, December 29, 2008

War Department: Military Intelligence Service. March 18, 1943 (Cont).

MEMORANDUM FOR THE OFFICER IN CHARGE
Subject: Cantor, Manuel
Private, ASN 324846647
Co. D, II Bn., I.R.T.C.,
Fort McClellan, Alabama.

Re: Interview with (REDACTED), Co. D, II Bn., I.R.T.C., Fort McClellan, Alabama.

From (REDACTED)'s observations and talks with CANTOR plus the comments of his intimates and members of the first platoon, (REDACTED) sincerely vouches for the subject's character and praises his soldiering efforts here. (REDACTED)'s personal comments are quoted: "Time and time again he has demonstrated both in the field, range and classroom a spirit that a great deal of the other men could certainly use. He has displayed and intense interest in the phases of the training program and has qualified in all tests. CANTOR has an ability towards leadership that was brought to my attention during my visits to his hut. The men there are continually asking him for advice in all sorts of situations. During our numerous talks, I have attempted to lead him into statements which would reveal any substantive tendencies but at no time did I ever succeed. He is extremely well versed in current events, psychology and a host of topics in all fields. It seems that officers have taken cognizance of his abilities, as was brought out in bivouac, when (REDACTED) selected him as Platoon Sergeant. If I were asked for a point blank opinion of him, I would recommend him unqualifiedly. I would like to see his spirit and determination as well as understanding present in all of the men."

No recommendations or comment.

James T. Coleman
Captain, Infantry
S-2, 3rd Regt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home